People under the age of 13 should not send any information to us or to this site. This includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses. We make every effort not to collect information from minors and take measures to ensure that this does not happen. If information from a minor is inadvertently collected, we delete the information immediately in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and other pertinent laws. If you have any reason to believe that we have information about a minor or information provided by a minor, please contact us as soon as possible.
Information collected by Citation Ranker
The information we collect falls into two categories: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information.
Personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information refers to information that can identify an individual. This includes the name, postal address, e-mail address, and phone number. The term ‘personally identifiable information’ does not refer to screen names or user names provided to us or to this Site. The following are examples of situations in which personally identifiable information may be collected from you:
- When filling out forms or fields on this site
- When communicating with us or requesting information about us, this site, and our services, via email or other means
- When participating in online surveys
- When participating in any of our marketing activities including contests, events, or promotions
- When participating in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
Personally identifiable information about you may also be collected from other sources such as forums, instant messaging services, blogs, other site users, and business partners of Citation Ranker. If you wish to have any or all of your personal information removed from our databases, please contact us as soon as possible via email. Please note that we may not be able to remove your personal information in some cases. If so, we will inform you of this fact and the reasons for it.
Non-personally identifiable information
Non-personally identifiable information about you may be collected via the following methods:
- Collection of usage details and ip address
- Collection with cookies
- Collection with web beacons
How we use collected information
Citation Ranker reserves the right to use any and all personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information in the following manner:
- To confirm and complete transactions requested by users
- To contact users for the promotion of our goods or services
- To provide customer support, respond to customer requests, troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes
- To contact you for information verification purposes
- To better understand and anticipate customer needs and preferences
- To ensure that the Citation Ranker site continues to be of interest and relevance to customers
- To protect the security and integrity of the site
- To conduct internal reviews of the Citation Ranker site and to administer the site’s systems
- To develop, enhance and market our products and services or the products and services of third parties
- To provide you with promotional materials, offers and personalized information
- To manage our business and operations
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- To provide administrative communications to you
- For other purposes that may be disclosed to you when you provide personally identifiable information